Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Google Toolbar/googlebar in Firefox 1.5? (FF1.5rc)

Google toolbar for Firefox 1.5 RC1

Anyone know when Google is going to do an official toolbar release for Firefox 1.5?
    Similar question for googlebar -- or are they not going to bother and leave the field to Google?

Is the official Final release of Firefox 1.5 due Real Soon Now? I seem to remember it was slated for mid November...

Thanks!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Google Toolbar/googlebar in Firefox 1.5? (FF1.

Hi John

Google Toolbar - I am not sure when Google will update.
    Googlebar - There has been no activity on it for several months, it may have been discontinued.

You can try to install extensions that are not marked as compatible by using one of the methods shown at Bumping extensions tutorial - The Extensions Mirror. Personally I would avoid method 1. With most extensions the methods shown will work, but some extensions require further changes in order to make them work and can cause unexpected results if installed by using thie methods shown.

As for the release date for Firefox 1.5, I have not seen an official date yet but it could be some time this week if there are no last minute problems.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Tony!

I wouldn't want to run any browser without a Google Toolbar of some variety, so it looks like a wait for me for FF 1.5...!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Since my original reply I modified the most recent version of the Google toolbar and installed it on the latest nightly build of Firefox 1.5 and so far it works OK. It looks like it is compatible so hopefully Google will release the official Fx 1.5 compatible version by the time Fx 1.5 is released, or at the latest within a few days of the release of Fx 1.5.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

An update on your last question. Since Firefox 1.5 RC2 was released there has been a few small bug fixes and a security update. Due to this it has been decided to have a 3rd release candidate which will probably be released around 18th and hopefully Firefox 1.5 final not long afterwards.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Tony! I will wait "with anticipation"...

John

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

To answer your first question, Google toolbar is now compatible with Firefox 1.5 following the release of version 1.0.20051104