New Lounger
    Thanks

Combo Boxes Dependent on last selection (2000)

I need to create a series of combo boxes on a form where the entries which appear in subsequent boxes depend on the selection in the previous box (4 in total). All of the information for these is located in a table and once all 4 combo boxes have been selected, the information needs to then be entered into another table through a form (i.e. this is the job they are doing for a specific client & department and forms a new record where they then record information about that job). Hope someone can help because I'm stumped...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Boxes Dependent on last selection (2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

You can change the Row Source of the second combo box in the After Update event of the first one, etc. See MSKB article ACC2000: How to Synchronize Two Combo Boxes on a Form.
    Alternatively, you can set the Row Source of the second combo box to a query with a parameter that refers to the first combo box. See MSKB article ACC2000: How to Create Synchronized Combo Boxes.
    All except the last of the combo boxes would be unbound (i.e. their Control Source property is blank). The last in the series would be bound to a field, or you can put code in the After Update event of the last combo box to create a new record etc.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Boxes Dependent on last selection (2000)

Thanks Hans - wish I had have found this forum earlier as this has been driving me up the wall!!
    Cheers,
    Aussie Holly