2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page setup: difficulties with header and footer (X

Hello everybody!

I try to create an excel-template which also contains a header and a footer. When defining the left and right margin in the layout dialog, it seems that it does have no effect on the header and footer. That means, that header and footer show different margins than the page itself.
    Does anybody have an idea how to prevent this? Have I overlooked something??

Any help will be appreciated!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page setup: difficulties with header and footer (X

The left and right margins for the header and footer are fixed at 0.75" / 2 cm. There is no way to change them. If you set the left or right page margin to be more than 0.75" / 2cm, you can simulate the extra margin in the header or footer by adding spaces, but if the page margins are narrower, you're out of luck. See Left/Right-Aligned Header/Footer Text Ignores Margins.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page setup: difficulties with header and foote

Hello Hans!

Thanks for the fast reply. This was no good news, since my right margin would say 15 mm (this was not my idea but is part of our corporate identity and therefore untouchable). Seems that I cannot use Excel for this one ;-(

Thanks

You could print the "header" you want on paper first and use this paper in your printer to fill in the other parts.

We have many instances of printing information on "pre-printed" paperstock: logos, boilerplate text, etc is all preprinted and the rest of the info is added to this paperstock.

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hello Steve!

Thanks for the idea. I was also thinking about s.th. like this. Unfortunately, my colleagues would not accept a solution like this, since the header / footer would contain document-related data, which you would have to insert manually.

Thanks

You could add other parts of the header/footer as desired in excel. Just the info that must be at the extreme edges of the document have to be pre-printed (too tight for excel's limits).

Steve