New Lounger
    Thanks

Displaying public Contact folders in Navigation Pa (Outlook 2003/SP2)

We are using Exchange and have a number of public Contact folders that everyone in the organization uses. When I click on the Contacts button in the Navigation Pane, Outlook only displays my own contact folders. Haven't found away of adding the public folders to the list of contact folders. Would like to be able to see ALL contact folders, not just my own.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Displaying public Contact folders in Navigation Pa (Outlook 2003/SP2)

Hi,

Does this link help you?
    Display Other User's Contacts in Address Book
    Regards,
    Rudi

New Lounger
    Thanks

Rudi,

Thanks for the suggestion but that is not what we are looking for. We want users to be able to see all their contact folders (private and public) when they click on the contact button in the Navigation Pane. Some of our people are relatively inexperienced with Outlook so we want to make it easy for them to see all their contacts at once. Currently they go one place to see their own contacts and another place to look at the public contacts.

Thanks,

John.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Oh...so sorry. Unfortunately i have not been able to find anything after doing searches on Google and MS Knowledge Base! Hopefully someone willfind something more relevant.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

John, there's no way to show all Contacts Folders "at once", but with Outlook 2003, for an individual user, they can be made more accessible, though the process is tedious. (If any Loungers know a faster way, speak now!)

Select the Folder View, so all Public Folders are in View, then navigate to "Public FoldersAll Public Folders", then navigate to each Contact Folder the user wants to see be available, right-click each target Contacts Folder and select "Add to Favorites".

Navigate to "Public FoldersFavorites", then right-click on each of those Contacts Folders now newly listed under "Public FoldersFavorites" and select "Add to Other Contacts".

Now, when the user selects Contacts View in the Navigation Pane, the Public Folder Contacts Folder(s) are listed in a new section of the Navigation pane, called (guess what) "Other Contacts".

Hope this helps. There may be a way to roll this out to all or many users, but I don't know the Server side.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, John, that looks like the solution I am looking for. Will try that in the next couple of days and let you know.

John.