REBraun

multiple email accounts

I am using Outlook 2000, SR-1 installed. I recently got a broadband connection (cable modem, using Mediaone). I' ve set up Outlook so I can retrieve mail on all my email accounts, including my Earthlink mail account. However, I can't send from that account, so I can't reply to messages through my old dial-up account, and I can't send new messages through it.

Is there a way I can configure Outlook so that I can do this?

Thanks!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple email accounts

sounds like you are using corp mode - see help > about. is there a reason you need to use corp? if not, internet only mode has "send using".

also, upgrading to outlook 2002 would allow you to send on any account.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I use multiple email accounts with Outlook2K (and with OE5.5 too), and am able to send using any of the available accounts. Are you just clicking the Send button? You should have a drop-down arrow to the right of the Send button that will allow you to pick and choose which account to send your message through. You could also select the email account to send through from the message options screen.

REBraun

Well, I'm not using corp mode. And you're right - I can send mail using the "send to" command. There are only a few drawbacks - I can't use Word as my email editor (or at least I can't find the "send using" command); when I hit reply to a message sent with my dial up account my broadband carrier won't send them (I get a message that it doesn't recognize the sender); and all my mail is identified with the broadband email address, not the dialup address.

Other than that . . .

REBraun

Yeah, I figured that out. Unfortunately, I can't hit the "reply" button and send, and I can't use Word as the editor.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What I've noticed is that a reply or forward will automatically use the account that the original message was received through. This, to me, is one of the rare instances where a Microsoft product's "intuition" actually works to your advantage.

I don't know about using Word as the editor; I never have. Does it offer any special advantages over Outlook's regular mail editor?

REBraun

It is a case where it works to your advantage, unless you want to send from a remote account!