Thanks

Send to dropdown addition

Say I go to a file I have in my documents and right click on it. I get a drop down list that has open, new, print etc and I scroll down to "send to". another drop down list appears with 3 1/2 floppy, desktop (create shortcut, my briefcase, etc. That is the drop down list I am having trouble with. I want to add another item. I go to start>run>sendto and add or drag and drop a folder/shortcut in it. But when I try to send something to that new file/folder all I get is a flag next to it saying "empty" and nothing is sent to that file/folder. What am I doing wrong?
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Send to dropdown addition

Are you sure you have created a shortcut to an existing folder in your SendTo folder? You can create one for example by dragging a folder from another Explorer window into the SendTo folder with the right mouse button. When you release the right moise button, a popup menu will give you 4 choices: Copy here, Move here, Create shortcut here and Cancel. Select Create shortcut here.

Thanks

Re: Send to dropdown addition

Thanks Hans. I followed your instructions and it worked. I was putting it in the send to folder the wrong way.
    Catz