New Lounger
    Thanks

Imation not writing

Where can I fine a list of what devices I can use with the Imation DVD-R disks. I have a Lite-on combo sohc-5232K drive. It will not let me write to it. I also need a "free" software that will let me format in CD or DVD formats.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Imation not writing

What speed are the discs rated, and what is your drive capable of writing? Also, what are you using to attempt writing to the DVD? Windows does not have a native function for writing to DVD media; you'd be much better off ponying up for a package like Nero as opposed to looking for a "free" solution. You get what you pay for...
    -Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

He is using a version of Nero that does not support DVD. He wil be upgrading to the newer version next week.
    I also know that the DVD's that he is using are for 8X not sure what the DVD drive is using.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The discs themselves should not really be an issue, if they are rated at a higher speed than the drive is capable of writing. It's the reverse (drive writing at higher speed than supported by the media) that is usually a problem.

If you continue to have problems after the Nero upgrade, post back!
    -Mark