3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing recipients (WinXP OL2002)

My problem is with selecting contacts for email - I imported email addresse to Outlook, but they seem to have been put elsewhere than the Contacts folder. The email addresses show up in the right place in the contact form, but wont transfer to the To: box in a new message, I just get a semicolon. This applies to all the email addresses I imported, but none of the ones I put in by hand. I think the addresses are in another address book and not contacts folder at all, but why this should cause a problem I dont know. Thanks in advance.

What I want to do is select multiple recipients and then click on 'new message to recipieints' and have the addresses appear in the To: box but this fails when the addresses were imported.

Thanks

Re: Disappearing recipients (WinXP OL2002)

They must be there somewhere... but it is very possible that the import process stored the Contact records in a different folder. If you do an Advanced Find across your entire PST file for someone who would only be found in those imported contacts, perhaps that will uncover their hiding place?

Thanks

Re: Disappearing recipients (WinXP OL2002)

Actually, upon re-reading your message, it sounds as though you can open the Contact record, such as it is, for these imported contacts. Are you able to "forward as a vCard" and, if so, do the fields seems out-of-whack when compared with a vCard from a fully functional Contact?