2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro attached to button (Excel 2003)

I create a book.xlt which contains some VB code to step through all worksheets in the workbook and insert headers and footers into each.
    I create a new button using Tools, Customize, Commands dragging the button to a toolbar and attach the macro to that button.
    I save as book.xlt into the XLSTART folder.
    When I copy this book.xlt to another users PC, into the same XLSTART folder, the custom button does not appear when I create a new workbook.
    I have to open the book.xlt, re-create the custom button, attach the macro and save as back to their XLSTART folder.
    It now works every time they create a new workbook.
    I need to do this on 47 computers so would appreciate some advice as to what I'm not doing or what I'm doing incorrectly.
    Thanks in advance
    Zinger

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro attached to button (Excel 2003)

See threads starting at <post:=407,327>post 407,327</post:> , <post:=84,102>post 84,102</post:> and <post:=23,196>post 23,196</post:> for some possible help!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro attached to button (Excel 2003)

Customizations to built-in toolbars are stored in your Excel11.xlb file, not in the Book.xlt template.
    One solution is to place the button on a custom toolbar and to attach the toolbar to Book.xlt. The custom toolbar will then travel with the template.
    Another solution is to create the toolbar button in code in the Workbook_Open event procedure of Book.xlt.