joanna gorgeous

Word cannot fire event? WHY NOT???

Hi y'all,
    I'm running word2000 on win98, and have been using a very neat little word macro to alter the outlook message class on new forms that i've devised in outlook. it's been working an absolute dream for the last year.

today, i run the macro and get told "word cannot fire the event". i'm stumped. what do i do? there's nothing wrong with the macro because it works fine on other peoples pcs.

i'm a bit dumb when it comes to macros. i've no idea why this won't work. can anyone help?

Super Moderator
    New York, NY

Re: Word cannot fire event? WHY NOT???

Hi jo,

It may be that you'll need to post the code here, to have a chance at getting a solution - not that that will guarantee anyone will have a solution <g> - but hard to diagnose the problem without seeing what the macro is doing.

Star Lounger
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Word cannot fire event? WHY NOT???

Jo, I remember getting that particular error message with Word about a year ago. However, it was nothing to do with a macro, cos I don't use them. But for the life of me cannot remember what the problem was associated with, nor what the solution was. Sorry I cannot help you with the problem but just wanted to let you know it may not necessarily be associated with a macro.