Thanks

ocget.dll (6.02 Sp2)

I keep getting a pop up warning about ocget.dll wanting to be installed. The warning only occurs, on one of my favorite news web sites, which is abcnews.com. I did an internet search for what this was, and found out it had something to do with a key in the registry. I looked in my registry and didnt even find the key that was mentioned on Microsofts web site. Any thoughts? I am having no problems with my computer other wise, and as I mentioned this only occurs on that one web page.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: ocget.dll (6.02 Sp2)

My gut reaction is to tell you to use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Essentially what's happening here is that IE is trying to find this control but can't, hence the referenced registry key. If you want to eradicate the error and continue using IE (again, something I strongly urge you to reconsider for security reasons), add the key as prescribed so that IE can find what it wants and stop asking/complaining.
    -Mark

Thanks

John,
    Try going to Internet Options in IE>security>custom settings. Scroll down to Download unsigned activeX controls and check the "enable" box.

This .dll is loaded automatically by IE when .cab files are
    downloaded from the server. Usually it is transparent, if
    the signature is ok.

Since ocget.dll is not really a required download, according to Microsoft
    OCGET
    the pages still display correctly.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If, for whatever reason, you decide to Enable the Downloading of Unsigned ActiveX Controls, don't forget to Disable (that is, uncheck the option) as soon as you're finished doing whatever may be necessary. HTH
    Gre

Thanks

1st Reply: I tried different browsers, Firefox, Netscape, and although they are good browsers, I have so many sites that are business related that arent written to display in those other browsers, that having different browsers was more of a pain than it was helpful.
    2nd Reply: I did that, and it didn't make any difference. I changed the setting, saved the setting, closed the browser and re opened to the abcnews.com, and got the same warning.

NEXT!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try the new free Opera. It renders differently than Mozilla/Firefox/Netscape. Opera can also be set to identify to a server as IE and eliminate some problems at some sites.