Lounger
    Thanks

Converting Lotus Organizer (Outlook 2003 SP1; Lotus Organizer 6.0)

Hi all. I am working on a laptop and trying to convert Lotus Organizer 6.0 to Outlook 2003 SP1. I found a bit of info on MS's site - but the instructions aren't really accurate. It says to convert to a vcs file and that isn't even an option; only vcf. I was able to convert the business meetings category appts; but not any custom categories. The main thing I am trying to convert is the gazillion contacts listed. Converting to a vcf didn't work and trying to convert to txt is a big pain. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

LisaB

Thanks

Re: Converting Lotus Organizer (Outlook 2003 SP1;

Is this the article you found? Description of the Lotus Organizer conversion issues

That one refers to making a tab-delimited file from Organizer, rather than a vcf/vcs file. Please try it that way and see whether you are able to map all of the fields you need.

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes that was the article I found. It allowed me to import some of the appointments; but the contacts didn't work.

LisaB

Thanks

I'm sorry, I didn't read that carefully enough. If you create a JohnDoe.vcf file and rename it JohnDoe.vcs, does Outlook import it successfully?

Lounger
    Thanks

Nope. It says it is corrupt. And when I import a VCF file, it only imports one entry.

The ASCII file is huge and it looks like it wrapped the columns over and is a mess. I am trying to sort that out for him but it sure doesn't look like it is going to work. I don't understand why Outlook allows you to easily import 4.0 and 5.0 but not the newer versions?

Thanks

I think that with VCF you need to export each and every contact to its own individual VCF file! It sounds as though that would work, if it could be done efficiently.

Lounger
    Thanks

You are kidding....he has thousands of entries. It would be quicker to rekey them just about...

That makes sense then why it was doing that. I was expecting it to import/export like Outlook does - I can import a thousand entries from one Excel file in a minute in Outlook.....

I guess I'll keep at the ASCII file and ask him what he wants to do. It also didn't export any custom categories in his To Do (calendar) - no anniversaries, birthdays, reoccuring appts - just straight appointments.

He is our CFO or else I'd have given up a long time ago [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]