Star Lounger
    Thanks

Keep Details data together (Access 97)

I have created a report from an existing query. It's a simple enough report - nothing fancy. I have two group headers and then my Detail section. The problem is that, when I run the report, all of the information in the Details section of one record does not stay together. I have read other posts before posting my own, and have made sure that Keep Together is set to Yes (for my group headers and the detail section). What I would really like is to keep the two group headers and the details section all together, so that one record of information ALL goes to the next page if it was going to be split by an auto. page break. Can anyone please help?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keep Details data together (Access 97)

There are two distinct Keep Together properties:
    1. <LI>For the Section object. This property is set in the Format tab of the Properties window. It can be set to Yes or No. If it is set to Yes, Access will try to display/print the section on one page.
      <LI>For the GroupLevel object. This property is set in the Sorting and Grouping window. It can be set to No, Whole Group and With First Detail. If it is set to Whole Group, Access will try to display/print the group header, detail section, and group footer on the same page. If it is set to With First Detail, Access will try to display/print the group header and the first detail record on the same page.
    Note: if sections are too large to fit on one page, the above properties may cause Access to go into an endless loop, endlessly shifting data to the next page.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Keep Details data together (Access 97)

That's it! That's exactly what I needed. I turned the group footer on for the first group level and then turned on Keep Together for the whole group (which kept everything in between together too). Perfect! Thank you so much.