New Lounger
    Thanks

Problem Saving on Microsoft Word 2000 (Microsoft Word 2000)

Hello,

Please help!!! I am having trouble saving my documents on Microsoft Word 2000. I press "File" and then press "Save As", but then nothing happens. The box doesn't pop up to let me choose where I want to save it. I can open my saved documents, but if I make any changes and want to save it again, it will not let me save it. I tried saving on Microsoft Excel and that works fine. It's just my Microsoft Word that's giving me problems. I called the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy to ask if they could help fix it, and they said that it's not a virus and is a simple problem, but it would cost $50 for them to do it over the phone. I'm a teacher and I don't have that kind of money, so if someone could please help, I would really appreciate it!!! Thank you!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Problem Saving on Microsoft Word 2000 (Microsoft Word 2000)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post> describes a series of steps you can take to investigate the problem.

Thanks

Re: Problem Saving on Microsoft Word 2000 (Microso

Phil's post covers most everything, but here's something you can try relatively quickly without exiting Word:

Press Alt+F8 to open the Macros dialog. Half way down is a drop-down control, which you can change to Word Commands. If you select FileSaveAs and click Run, you will bypass most customizations and you should get the dialog. If that works, then there appears to be a problem with your menus/toolbars, or with a macro that is intercepting your File Save command. If not, it still could be a customization problem (event handler) but it might relate to inter-application issues (perhaps the Word-as-Outlook-editor-is-misbehaving problem) or require a "repair" of Office.