2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File not found (2003)

When I close Project 2003,I receive the captioned message form Visual Basic (error 53) if the opened sheet is Project1. If I close the Project1 before to close Project I don't receive this message. If the opened file has another name than Project1 and if I try to close Project, the program crashes.
    Any suggestion to fix this issue?

Thanks

Re: File not found (2003)

Two things:

- Have you installed service pack 2?
    - Also - Can you post the exact message as error 53 can apply to several items such as issues connecting with the server.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I would like to install the service pack 2 but every time I receive a failure notice when I try to do it.
    Concerning the exact message, I don't have more than error 53. The point is I receive a error message window with only File not found. Then if I select help, the help firle indicates File not found (error 53) and the text below:
    The file was not found where specified. This error has the following causes and solutions:

A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a file that doesn't exist.
    Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link library (DLL) or Macintosh code resource, but the library or resource file name specified in the Lib clause of the Declare statement can't be found.
    Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

In the development environment, this error occurs if you attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.
    Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path specification.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1 (in Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

Regards,
    Marcel

Thanks

Marcel,

Without more information it will be hard to help. The error message you are referring to related to the DLL stating that the library cant be found in the declare statement tells me that you may have developed macros or code that aren't working properly at this time.

Try going into VB mode and compile the project. Odds are you will get an error message. Check for missing libraries under references. Is their code that is triggered upon saving or closing the project?

If everything compiles properly then the other thing I can think of is there is a problem with the internal path name to the server. Current service packs will fix this issue.

Good Luck.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Gary,

Finally, I installed the service pack but I still have the problem. I have compiled the VBA project and it was fine. I have attached a Word file with some screen copy: VBA environment, reference windows, the code in the VBA project is below.
    The point is that if I close all the project I don't have the message when I close project even if the Global.mpt project file is still opened in the background. As all the VBA code is in the Global.mpt file I am not sure that the error comes from the code.
    Regards,
    Marcel

Very long piece of code (over 6,000 characters!) moved to the attachment by HansV
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Marcel,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I cant say I know why the error is suddenly occurring. Any change your office environment on any of the machines or where the global.mpt file was updated as this would change your library reference. Also, Office 2003 is much pickier about dimensioning applications and releasing them. That is, I did not see if you are dimensioning the application on startup in the code or releasing the applicaitons.

Good Luck
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)