Thread: Network Problem

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Network Problem

Using XP Home SP2

My home network which is based on the 802.11b has quit allowing me to access one computer from the other. I have a Dell Desktop and a Dell Laptop. The system uses a Netgear wireless router model MR 814 V2 and a Netgear PC Card model M A 521. The system also includes a Linksys cable modem model BEFCMU10 version 2

When I first put the system together it was functioning exactly as expected whereby I could access either computer from the other and allowed printing across the network. Some time ago, and I can
    Win 8, Firefox 16.0.2, Thunderbird 15.0.2

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Network Problem

Try going into your router settings to make sure that a range of addresses is being distributed to your various computers. If so, save your settings, then enter that same range in each software firewall as trusted. If you have software firewalls (i.e., Norton, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, etc.) on each computer, make sure that they are not also running the Windows firewall. Turn off the Windows firewall if it is on. Only run one software firewall at a time.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Network Problem

Have you bounced the router? Any other changes (software installed, updates applied) that you can think of? Something's changed, if it once worked.
    -Mark