3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Exchange - 5.5 (Outlook 2003)

I have a form that is sent via a command button to a distribution list. It aorts each time I now use it. Until last month this was working fine.
    The list is called Data Security and contains the name John Smith. Now I go to John Smith email address and it has First/Last name - John Jones and in the Display is has John Smith. This name was changed from Jones to Smith a few weeks ago.

Could this me my problem when I use the command button?

Thanks

Re: Exchange - 5.5 (Outlook 2003)

First, does this have something to do with Exchange 5.5 specifically? I've never used any version except Exchange 2003.

Second, what exactly is the address in your form? If your address is the distribution list itself, I don't see why it should matter what users are in the list. You could experiment with other DLs and see if they work.

Actually, there was a thread here a while back on searching for a user by name. Is this the form where you search for a name in the Active Directory? If so, please remind us of exactly what your form does. Even if the display name and address are a bit mismatched, which often happens around here when people change their "maiden" names to their "married" names, Outlook should be able to resolve the name to the address. If your script manually constructs the address from the display name, that could be a problem.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

lets see if I can get this right. The form used to work right until the Name was changed in the Exchange. For over 5 years we have all our MS Outlook address books set with Global Address List as the defautls. Her name/distribution list have allworked fine.

When the form is opened... The users will fill out (checkbox) the options they want (list of different softwares we use). Once this is done... they select the Command button - Data Security is the distribution group, so it can be sent to the distribution list. We use this script:
    =-=-=-=-=-
    Sub Forward2
    Item.To = "Data Security"
    Item.SentOnBehalfOfName = strCAD
    Item.Send
    End sub
    '-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Not very fancy but it works. That is until now. We just had someone get married and she changed her name from Smith to Jones. and that is when my prolbems began. Our network administrator did not changed her Outlook name/profile: First Name: Jane Last Name: Smith. But in the MS Outlook - properties it shows in the Display windows it has Jane Jones.

That is the only diference. If I remove her name from the distribution list it works. My problem is that the Network administrator will not change the Exchange unlesss I have more and better documentation on how to fix it.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Did you remove and re-add change the name in the Distribution List?

Have you tried using

Item.Recipients.Add "Data Security"
    Item.Recipients.Resolve
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Will try your code suggestion.

As far as I know the Exchange Administrator only changed the display name. The first and last name was kept the same.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I think that Admin changing the Display Name will still invalidate that user in the Dist List. I'd remove the old name and add the new name in the Dist List just to be sure.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Just found out that the Network group changed the Email name and the Display name are now the same. I will see about testing it today.