4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wireless Presenter (2002/SP2)

I use a Targus Wireless Presenter when making presentations with PowerPoint.
    I'm not sure if this problem is with the presenter or a setting in PowerPoint. I use Hyperlinks in my presentations and the problem is that the on-screen mouse pointer dissappears after a certain amount of time and it takes some fiddling to get it back. Is there a way to keep the mouse active, (other than just moving it around on the screen, that might be a little annoying to the audience!) so I can go to my links right away? Thanks for the help.

Thanks

Re: Wireless Presenter (2002/SP2)

I haven't tried that sort of remote control (or, if I have, I forgot!). My mouse pointer usually is invisible until I move the mouse or swirl my finger on the touchpad, at which point it appears. I tend to move through slides pretty quickly. Maybe you're showing the same slide long enough that PPT stops showing the mouse pointer?

What happens if you right-click? Typically you immediately get a context menu. Not sure this would be any more aesthetically pleasing than moving the pointer around...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Right click on a slide and choose Pointer Options > Arrow Options, change it from Automatic to On.

StuartR

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am using PowerPoint to display song lyrics during church service. In between songs, I have a generic slide, with a picture and the date or information, that stays up for a while. The mouse pointer goes away and it is hard to bring it back again.
    The problem with the Pointer Options is that the slide show has to be running to get to it and once you change from Automatic to On, then exit the slideshow, when running it again, it sets itself back to Automatic. The way I have the laptop and projector set up is kind of funky and hard to get to. I have the slideshow set up to run using only the wireless pointer, so all I have to do is hit F5 to get it going and then walk away. It's awkward to try and point to the slideshow options and then change the pointer each time the show runs. I would just like the pointer to stay on all the time. Any suggestions on how to do that.
    Thanks for your previous reply. It was helpful.

Thanks

I realize this isn't as handy as a permanent setting, which I can't find anywhere, but... After you press F5, press the magic "context menu button" on your keyboard (the one that looks like a little drop-down menu). You then can use a few quick keystrokes to turn the Pointer Options to Arrow.