New Lounger
    Thanks

Address book access (6.0)

I'm trying to set Outlook Express up on our new computer. (Windows XP SP2 - My previous experience is with Windows 98.) I wanted to use a limited account for internet access for security reasons, but when I go into Outlook Express from a limited account, I cannot access the address book. I get a message that "The Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured, please re-install." I click the OK button, and get this message - "Unable to open the address book. The Address Book may not be installed properly." If I change that account to an adminstrator account, I can get in with no problem. Is this normal or do I have something set incorrectly somewhere? I've searched here and on the 'net, but it seems like I am the only one having this particular problem. Do I have to use an admin. account to download our email into OE?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Address book access (6.0)

Not necessarily. Can you run OE 6 temporarily as an Administrator by using the 'Run As' feature, found by right-clicking the OE icon or shortcut? Would that solve your problem?