4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

McAffe Anti Virus

Since I have installed McAffe Anti virus on my machine, the system has slowed down enormously, it takes ages to open a program i.e. Word, everything is very slow, nothing is functioning as it used too.
    Does anyone have an idea how to fix this problem?

Regards
    Skender.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: McAffe Anti Virus

Simple answer: un-install McAfee and find something else. If you search the Lounge you'll see several recommendations. Now, if you don't like that recommendation, you're gonna have to do some internet reading, communicating with McAfee and maybe oral networking! I'm almost 4 years away from the product, but there used to be one or more logging or tracking programs in the McAfee system that caused most of the slowdown. Eliminating such a program(s) from running helped a lot back then, but I haven't kept up with the forums on the McAfee product, so I don't know if such workarounds are still possible.

PS If you do decide to remove McAfee, you should search their web site for instructions, just in case. There used to be some detailed directions for removal, which included a little registry work as well. Maybe someone with more recent experience will chime in here.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: McAffe Anti Virus

Does mcaffrr have an "office add-in" as does noron auntie virus?
    If so, as with NAV, you may be able to disable that add-in.
    Wit hNAV, as long as autoprotect is enabled, the office add-in offers no additional protection.
    maybe same issue with mcaffe??