2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

screensaver disconnects

Recently, I was able to set up my screen saver so that when it was activated, my high speed connection was disconnected. I can't remember how I did it so I can't reverse the process.
    I'm using Windows XP SP2 with Windows blank screensaver .
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    Jack
    Jack

Thanks

Re: screensaver disconnects

Jack,

I can't say if I have ever heard of an option to accomplish this unless there is something in your ISPs setup to do this.

Out of curiosity, just why do you want to disconnect when the screensaver kicks in?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Bob.
    I wanted to disconnect when the screensaver kicks in so that when I leave my computer for long periods during the day no one can scan my ports. My firewall often tells me that my ports are being scanned and I would prefer that not to happen while I'm not here to stop all active response..
    Cheers,
    Jack
    Jack

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps that was a feature of whatever firewall software you were using...? No matter, I honestly wouldn't worry about port scans. Port scans are common (your ISP probably does it) and a firewall's job is to prevent them from seeing anything. To the outside world, my LAN is an invisible entity unless I specifically open a port on the firewall.
    -Mark