5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Searching for a specific post

How can I can a post I made some time ago? When i click on my name, it lists all my posts yet the one I seek was made a year or so ago and although I know it was related to Access and contained a link to an example I posted on a website, I don't know how to make the search terms correctly.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Searching for a specific post

The search facilities in the Lounge are limited. You can search for posts by a specific user, or you can search for specific keywords in the post, but not on both a specific user AND specific keywords. If you initiated the thread you're looking for, you can click Search while in the Access forum and specify that you want to find threads started by Don_Sadler - see screenshot.
    After that, it's a matter of looking at the subject and, if necessary, the post itself to see if you can find what you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.PNG (4.5 KB, 0 views)

Thanks

Re: Searching for a specific post

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 28-Nov-05 21:32. sorry! - I meant to reply to Don!)</P>The quickest way to search for your own posts in a particular forum is to click your name (top-right, where it says Welcome, your_name) when viewing the index to that forum. Clicking your name in the Main Index shows all your own posts.