Lounger
    Thanks

OE v. Outlook? (OE6 v. Outlook 2000)

I

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OE v. Outlook? (OE6 v. Outlook 2000)

Outlook 2000 still works fine. Outlook 2002 (XP) isn't very different, Outlook 2003 has some nice new features, but (in my opinion) not enough to make it a must.

Thanks

Outlook 2000 has two "modes" -- Corporate Workgroup and Internet Mail Only -- also known as CW and IMO. The CW mode works with POP3 accounts as well as Exchange Server accounts, but Microsoft says that if you are only using Internet mail, the IMO mode gives better performance. But strangely enough, the IMO features do not exactly match Outlook Express (despite seeming like, logically, they should). So... you might find some annoyances are created or go away when using OL2K-IMO when compared with OE. That is really a matter of personal taste. And if you're extremely lucky with the Lounge search engine, you might find some older article comparing them, because many others have gone through this same sort of transition in one direction or the other.

Thanks

As for other mail clients, if you are looking for one that is free (and doesn't insert annoying smilies into your messages), you could take a look at Thunderbird, which is the new incarnation of what used to be part of Netscape Communicator and the Mozilla suite. To read more, try our Other Browsers and Mail Clients board.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

See also the links and thread mentioned in <post#= 512523>post 512523</post#>. IMO, as Outlook has grown, its features have increasingly reflected use in a business environment (in which environment I think it's pretty darn good, despite a lot of annoyances). But for home use some of Outlook's features are pointless. (Journaling? What's the point of Journaling for a home non-business user?)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS