Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Acronis TrueImage File Recovery

I'm starting a new thread because I am still having a problem with the latest issue of Acronis' TrueImage with respect to INDIVIDUAL file recovery! I'm running the latest build (2302). As I reported in <!post=this thread,538,057>this thread<!/post>, I had some problems this morning that required me to attempt a recovery of a number of selected files from my latest image (two days ago). I started TrueImage, selected Recovery and picked my way to the individual files screen (see attachment). After drilling through the screens, selecting the files that needed recovery, I started the procedure. The attachment also shows (in a a combo screen) that the recovery failed with an error message. I tried a second time, this time selecting a temporary directory in which to put the restored files, but it also failed with the same error message.

I eventually got around the problem by "mounting" (plugging) the image as a drive letter and selecting the files I needed by drag-and-dropping them to a temp directory.

Can someone, anyone, confirm that they have used the indivudual file RECOVERY process successfully?
    Attached Images Attached Images

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Acronis TrueImage File Recovery

Hey BigAl... Just tried the individual file recovery process with build 2302 and had no problem. When selecting the files to restore, I directed TI to restore them to an alternate location (didn't want to clobber existing files at their original location).

Would you like me to do another, or different test?

Cheers,

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Bob

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Bob. No, don't bother doing anything else. I don't know what could be wrong here, so I think I'll try a time or two more to see what happens. The images I'm using don't seem to be corrupt since I was able to "mount" a drive letter and do some recovery via drag-n-drop. So, I don't have any idea what could be wrong with my installation. Thanks for the effort!

Thanks

Al,
    I also tried and succeeded on doing an individual restore of a few files, just as Bob Archell did. No problemo!
    What kind of files were they? Anything special about them?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks too, Bob. No, nothing special about the files. I just tried again, intentionally picking a single file, down in a directory that has nothing to do with "Windows" in the hopes that a run-of-the-mill file would be a good test. I got the same "unsupported" message and I'm beginning to think there may be something corrupt in my installation. I think that, before I write to Acronis, I'll un-install 2302, download a fresh copy and re-install to see what happens. I can't imagine anything unique about my installation.