3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

New Messages not Showing in InBox Until... (Outlook 2000/Exchange 2003)

I have a user that has recently started having this problem: Someone has just sent him mail. He looks in his system tray to see if the envelope icon is showing (this notification is turned on) - it is not. He then clicks on Inbox - still showing no new emails. He then collapses his inbox (for sub-folders or saved emails) and re-opens it and there are the two emails and the envelope icon at the system tray.
    Just this morning he has noticed this: When he composes and send san email it sits in his Outbox until he clicks on the Outbox.

No one else is experiencing these issues and this is the first time I have seen this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: New Messages not Showing in InBox Until... (Ou

Does the Send/Receive key (was it F5 in Outlook 2000) improve the situation? If so, there might be a blank checkbox somewhere that is needed to check mail. Unfortunately, I don't have that combination of products to poke around in.

This reminds me of another recent thread which dead-ended due to lack of someone with the right configuration: Delay receiving email (Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000. Perhaps the same bug??

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: New Messages not Showing in InBox Until... (Ou

He has tried that and it makes no difference.