Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SubToals In A Continuous Form (Access 2002)

This is virtually impossible in a form, but it's easy in a report. Reports have extensive grouping and totaling capabilities.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SubTotals In A Continuous Form (Access 2002)

I have a continuous form; that has three types of records; I would like to have a subtotal displayed at the end of each of the record types; I can only display a total at the end of the continuous form in the form footer.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes; using a report would be a snap. However, I like the info to be displayed in a form so the staff can update; as needed. I could create three subforms; but the record counts are never the same amounts.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by ThreeCrow on 01-Dec-05 08:20. Edit by ThreeCrow for bad grammer)</P>
    If you do create three subForms. You could put them on a Tab Form with subTotals displayed. And if you need to view the Total of all the records this can be placed in the Main Form Footer. Not sure what your meaning of "record counts are never the same amounts".
    threecrow

Don&#39;t make excuses. It&#39;s what you do, not why you didn&#39;t.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could put the three subforms side by side, or as ThreeCrow suggested in tabs.
    Or you could use a single continuous form, with subtotals for the three groups displayed in the form header or footer.
    If you want to have a form with data and subtotals displayed the way they are in a report, AND have the form to be updateable as well, it simply can't be done.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks; I like the idea of having the subtotals in the Form Footer; it's the easy and quickest option. I will try this option and persuade my customers/users to accept this option. But, my customers/users are Accountants and they like their information displayed in spreadsheet/datasheet format; with the subtotals after each grouping.

Thanks again for your support and quick response.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

> they like their information displayed in spreadsheet/datasheet format; with the subtotals after each grouping

Sorry to be a bore, but that is a display format, not a data entry format. In Excel you can also run into problems if you keep subtotals in a table meant for data entry if you're not very careful.