New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Person Smart Tag

I get the same message UNLESS I type the name EXACTLY (including case) the same as the full name entry in the Contact list. So if I have an entry for John D. Doe in the Contact list but type "John Doe" in Word and try to use the Smart Tag, it doesn't work.

This is just one reason why I find the so-called "Smart" tags to be not so smart and of very limited value. In fact, the whole Outlook address book/Contact List integration in Word is a disaster. I'm constantly prompted to "select a profile" when clicking that damn address book button even though I've told Word a 100 times to use "Outlook" as the default. The Properties button doesn't work to edit a contact and the What's This feature generates a "Wdtip8.hlp not found" error when used in the Select Name dialog.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Person Smart Tag (XP)

I can't get the Person Smart Tag in Word XP to work. Whenever I try to use it, either to open a contact or to insert an address, I just get an error box "Could not find the contact." This happens regardless of which name I use. I have several sub-directories of Contacts, which may be the problem.

Anyone else having similar problems? Any thoughts?