2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Line Highlighted (word 2003)

WORD seems to have a function whereby if I place the cursor at the end of the line, the entire line becomes highlighted. For me, this is an annoying feature ~ but I can't seem to find a way to turn it off. (I've looked under the Options menu, but I don't see anything relevant there.) Any suggestions?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Line Highlighted (word 2003)

Which end of the line are you clicking on? If it is the right hand side then this does not happen for me and I can not help. If it is the left hand side then as far as I know this feature can not be turned off, but if you look at the cursor, you can control it.

As you move the cursor from the text towards the left hand margin it changes from an I-bar to an arrow. When the cursor is an I-bar clicking once will place the insertion point at the start of the line but will not highlight the line. If you move the cursor further into the left margin it changes into an arrow, then clicking will highlight the line.

Thanks

Re: Line Highlighted (word 2003)

The only way I can click at the right end of a line and have that line be selected is if I hold the Shift key. (CAPS Lock doesn't do it.) Do you have any special software that might be emulating a shift key press? Is your keyboard acting funny?