New Lounger
    Thanks

Contact List/Address Book (2003 SP1)

My hard disk (C drive) was getting flaky, so I made good backups and replaced the drive. After reinstalling all apps, I restored the data files (in particular outlook.pst).

Now somehow I have the address list open twice. When I click on the "TO" button in a new email, I get an error message saying the address list cannot be displayed. then I have a drop down list letting me choose between CONTACTS and CONTACTS. If I select the second item, I get the address list and everything works fine for that message. I have tried altering properties so that Contacts is not an address book, then setting it back on as address book; I've even tried deleting the first CONTACTS from the address book listing (that worked until Outlook closed, but both were back next time it opened).

Any one have a suggestion as to how to fix this glitch?

Thanks
    Joe Harrington

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact List/Address Book (2003 SP1)

There is some discussion on setting Contacts as Address Books and removing deleted Contacts folders from Address Books in <!post=this thread,334655>this thread<!/post>, which might help.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Contact List/Address Book (2003 SP1)

Thanks,
    I "undid" everything; closed Outlook, restarted and went through the routine from that thread. I've still got both contact folders listed as address books, but at least the "real" one is now default, so I don't get the error message anymore.

Joe Harrington