I just thought I'd post this problem + solution here in case it helps someone else.

I had a problem trying to print out a 7 page Word document in booklet form on my inkjet printer. - although this purported to come with a 'booklet printing' facility, the pages were coming out in completely the wrong order. Rather than the expected <blank, 1, 6, 3, (reverse paper) 4, 5, 2,7> order, it was coming out all over the place i.e. < blank, 7, 2, 5, (reverse paper) 6,1, 4,3>

After much headscratching I remembered that I normally have my Word printing set to reverse print order (so that I can pick papers straight out of the print tray without having to re-order the pages from last to first).

When I set it to print in the forward order everything appeared in the correct order to print and staple into a handy booklet.

Thanks Hans for bringing it over to this forum - when I posted I wasn't sure whether it should be considered a 'Printer/Hardware' problem or not. Overnight consideration made me think it would be more sense here. <font color=blue>Owen</font color=blue>