3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Paste tables into ppt (2000SP3)

I'm trying to paste some excel ranges into powerpoint. I don't need to maintain a link, but I do need to preserve the formatting. I've hit the size of fragment gotcha already and worked around it, but now I have the problem that the right hand and bottom border aren't shown, and there are faint gridlines for cells without borders in the range. I've tried all the paste special options, and none of them work (columns resize, fonts change etc), and I've tried pasting into word first and then into ppt, and thats even worse.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not put a border around the whole thing, as the top left hand square is blank and unbordered, but I guess that would have to be my workaround of last resort.

Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste tables into ppt (2000SP3)

I seem to have the best results if I copy the range in Excel and then Edit > Paste Special > Picture (Enhanced Metafile) into PowerPoint. I just tried it with PP 2002; hopefully, it is an option with 2000. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Sam,

Tried this, but still missing the borders.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

How big is your range? My borders looked fine, but it was a small range and not many borders.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>