3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

backup for Windows 2003

I'm looking for a simple backup solution for a very small server installation. I find the MS backup program very difficult to use and am looking for something simpler.

I've found a product called BackupAssist http://www.backupassist.com and wonder if anyone has used it? Or has any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: backup for Windows 2003

I have briefly looked into it, and it seems to act as a GUI front-end to NTBackup. I asked on another website if anyone had experience of this, and got zero response.

Let me know if you try it!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

I'll download a trial and look see. Since it piggy-backs onto NTBackup there is little risk if it doesn't work properly.

What attracts me to this product is that it isn't a huge 'enterprise-level' program. Are you aware of other backup programs that are suitable for small businesses?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

That's the only one I've come across that isn't in the BackupExec/ArcServe
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Just remember that with all the versions of NTBackup/MSBackup that have been released that the backups are unique to that version and not compatible with any other version. Depending on your needs for server uptime, what is running, etc. you could consider a workstation imaging solution also. Those are very cheap compared to server backup software. Others such as Online Windows server backup and disaster recovery software. Allows to backup and restore Windows servers 2000, 2003, NT 4.0 via drive image, disk imaging and bare-metal restore over network depend on your budget.

Joe
    Joe