Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

PerfectDisk Update

I received an email today about a PerfectDisk update that may be of little consequence because of the thrust of the build, but I'm downloading it anyway as I write.
    <hr>PerfectDisk V7.0 now supports Windows x64
    PerfectDisk v7.0 Build 46 has been released. This build is an updated version of Raxco's award-winning disk defragmentatin software. With this build, users who are working on the x64-based versions of Windows, can defragment even larger drives more quickly, enable applications to launch faster, and access files more quickly. PerfectDisk automatically determines whether you care running 32-bit or x64-based Windows and installs the software accordingly. There is no extra cost for this support. It is available for no extra charge to all current customers. <hr>
    I couldn't find a download link on the site, so I'm letting the program download it for me.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: PerfectDisk Update

BigAl,

I've been running build 46 at home for few days with no apparent ill effects. When I remember I'll check the log and see if there is anything worthwhile posting back about.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When I went to the link in their email, there is a notice about their server being swamped. It did download successfully albeit pretty slowly for my cable connection. At the end of the install, this pops up:
    <hr>What's new in PerfectDisk build 7.00.046

* We added support for the X64 processor. You cannot patch a 32 bit version of PerfectDisk to a 64 bit version due to limitations of Windows Installer. You will have to get a 64 bit installation of PerfectDisk in order to run on the X64 bit operating system. Please contact Raxco if you need assistance in getting a 64 bit version to install.
    * Corrected a bug in the boot time defragmentation. If you exceeded 268,435,456 clusters, the verify stage of the boot-time defrag pass would fail.
    * Corrected a bug on the enable/disable menu for Group Policy Schedules. The local User Interface (UI) should not be permitted to change the current status of a Group Policy schedule, however under certain conditions, the local UI could disable a Group Policy Schedule. This has been corrected.
    * PerfectDisk Support Info feature will now gather additional information to assist in troubleshooting any issues. <hr>

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Not much there for most of us. Nice to see vendors starting to supply 64 bit versions though. 64 bit will be the norm before long.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have been using build 46 for two days now and every time, it runs faster in both analyze and defragment. I think more happened under the hood than is readily apparent. Now if they could fix the GUI so that the text box is long enough to display the word "analyze" or "defragmenting".
    Attached Images Attached Images