2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sort/Filter/Pivot? (2003)

I have a large amount of mostly alpha data that will be given to managers every week. The data is set up in columns with headers of Name, Address, Phone, Service, Area and Code. Area and Code are the two columns that they want to be able to filter.

Now, bearing in mind that these managers are not excel savvy at all, I thought I could pivot the data for them so they could use a drop down list to choose as many Areas and Codes as they want. It was suggested to me to use advanced filtering, but that, unfortunately, it a bit labour intensive for these managers (in terms of training them!). I need something really really simple that will allow them to choose more than two criteria to filter by and by more than one column - thus I though of a pivot but I can't make that work. Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sort/Filter/Pivot? (2003)

I'd suggest using advanced filter, setting up the filter area with Data, validation, list option, so they can choose from a list (allowing blank cels) in conjunction with a macro button to apply the filter to the list.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sort/Filter/Pivot? (2003)

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to see if I can make that work. I may be posting back if I get stuck!