2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Labels (Access 2000)

i need to build a report showing lables in three coloumns for one and the same product.Can you help me doing this? I have copied a a database from Microsoft where the report is in three coloumns.However in
    these coloumns are shown all the customers, where each labels corresponds to one customer.And i need that the labels show only one customer,not all the customers. For example, in the attached stripped
    database the fist customer is Ajeandra Camino.And i want all the three columns to show the labels with Ajeandra Camino.If i build this report, we intend to use it to put on stickers on our bottles.I do not need to skip the lables as shown in the attachement.Also,the three coloumns are shown only once and the second time i see only one coloumn, i cannot explain it.But i want to use the same configuration,there is only one label in the design view, even though i get three coloumns.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Labels (Access 2000)

In the attached version, I have simplified the code so that it prints 3 labels for each customer, and doesn't skip labels.
    I have also set the paper size to A4. It was set to Letter (the standard US paper size)
    Does this work correctly for you?

Note: you see only one column in design view, the code takes care of repeating each label.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Another possibility is to create a report with only one column and simply repeat the controls. This version is less flexible, but needs no code at all.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans ! I am so grateful. I have opted for the second proposal, i have already made the report.It turned out that i will need 2 columns, but i have it quite easily on the basis of your report.
    I have one question regarding the labels We have bought stickers for HP Deskjet 500/550 use label sizes and we want to print out the labels
    in the following format : two columns each of 5 rows, or total 10 labels. The size of the labels is 99 mm to 57 mm.(milimeters)
    How can i give the command on my form so that the printer prints exactly on the labels ? I am applying my database Will you help me ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The report in the database you attached will display/print an entire page with identical labels for each record. Is that what you want?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, that is what i want.Sometimes it may be necessary to print 50 or more labels of one and the same product.It happens in the cases when the products have not been labeled for some reason and we will have to do it ourselves. We have been offered to buy sheets with labels with sizes i have given in my previous email.We are going to stick the labels thus printed on the bottles.Is it possible to give some command still in the form for the label sizes ?

Thank you

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want to be able to print a varying number of labels for one record, you should go back to the original database, since it contains a prompt for the number of repeats.
    It is not feasible to change the label size on the fly, this must be done in design view.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If i cannot give a comand for the label size, how can i calculate the width and the height of the label to be the same as with the width and the height of the self adhesive label on the list ? is the property width on the control of the report
    the same as the real width of the label on the paper ?
    My problem is that space of the label of the report does not overlap with that of the label of the sheet.And i want to write exactly on the labels of the sheet.
    Thank you in advance

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The easiest way is to use the Label Wizard:
    - Activate the Reports section of the database window.
    - Click New.
    - Select Label Wizard, and select the table, then click OK.
    - Avery L7173 labels are 99 by 57 mm, so that's probably the one you should use.
    Once you have provided the details, Access will create the report for you. You can then add the code to repeat labels to the new report.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, Hans !