New Lounger
    Thanks

Tables in Word (Word 2000)

Can someone help me with tables please? One of engineers has copied a large section of text from a word document and has pasted it into a table cell. This text then disappears off the bottom of the cell and, although I have checked the usual things like cell height, allow to break across pages etc, I cannot get this cell to increase to show all the text. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tables in Word (Word 2000)

Have you checked Text Wrapping (in the Table tab of Table | Table Properties)?

Could you attach a stripped down copy of the document with dummy text?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I did try text wrapping, but that does something weird to the document. I attach a stripped down version for you to look at. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I selected the table (Alt+Num 5) and ticked "Allow rows to break across pages" in the Row tab of Table | Table Properties (it was off).
    When I clicked OK, the cell expanded to page 2, but it reverted when I did a page down and page up.
    I then did a Print Preview and the cell expanded to page 2 again, and remained that way.
    I have attached the result.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi there, I've seen this with many users. There's just too much text in one cell so although you may see it in print preview, it will never print and just sort of 'goes into oblivion'. I took your document and inserted a couple more rows, moved text into those rows and it all prints. I used to have a reference that indicated just how much you could have in one row/cell but it went walkabout when my previous pc passed on... Hope this helps.
    Patricia