New Lounger
    Thanks

Monitor resolutions

How can I change monitor resolution on the fly? I generally use and prefer 800 x 699 resolution for clarity, but I am beginning to see more use of the next higher resolution with the result that the screen image extends well past the right hand margin. I know I can scroll or go to the display properties each time before bringing up the larger resolution, but is there an easier way? Even this message screen bleeds off to the right. I have XP2, a Samtron 17" flat CRT, 640 M memory, a PIII CPU overclocked to 600 Mh, ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2X, on an ASUS P2B-S MB, 40 G HD ~17G used. I really would appreciate an evaluation of this. I cannot believe I am the only one caught up this dilemma -- or am I missing something obvious? Thanks and I hope for some education here.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Monitor resolutions

It sounds like you should investigate the controls on your monitor to make sure that any given resolution does not bleed off the edges of the screen. Adjust the vertical and horizontal size of the display to fit. Each display is different, so you'll need to consult the owner's manual or look at the manufacturer's website for details.

You can find many shareware or freeware utilities to changes resolutions, such as this one from PC World downloads, or many others. I can't make a personal recommendation because I rarely change resolution on my displays once they are set up.
    -Mark