5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Window outside screen (XP)

I've switched screens and use two monitors; for several applications my windows are now outside the screens I'm using. I don't know how I can bring these back in (their positions seem to be saved). Maximizing works but that's a workaround at best as then I cannot drag them to my other (big) screen anymore.

There must be a simple trick for this (I hope)

Erik Jan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Window outside screen (XP)

One possibility is to use Alt+Tab to activate a window (even if you cannot see it), then press Alt+Spacebar to activate the System menu, and press M to activate the Move option. You can then use the arrow keys to move the window around until it is visible again (hopefully). Press Esc (or click the mouse) to stop moving the window.

Another possibility is to right-click an empty part of the Windows task bar and to select one of the options for cascading or tiling all open windows.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks... I'd found the Move option but that didn't work when I used my mouse. With the arrow-keys on my keyboard I was able to fix that (by-the-way; end by pressing ENTER, not ESC).

Thanks again!

Erik Jan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, you're correct. Esc will put the window back in its original position, Enter will put it where you moved it.