Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Transfer custom views to other workbooks. (Excel XP)

Is there a way to copy a custom view and attaching it to a similar worksheet structure in another workbook? I guess the only other way is VBA code, if this is not possible!
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Transfer custom views to other workbooks. (Excel XP)

I don't think there is a way to copy a custom view directly. You'd have to apply it in the source workbook, and inspect all relevant settings (hidden rows and columns, filter settings and print settings) in the source worksheet, then apply the same settings to the target worksheet in the target workbook, and create a new custom view in the target workbook.

Seems rather tedious to me.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Transfer custom views to other workbooks. (Excel XP)

Yes - I see.
    I have "history" workbooks that have previous years data which is in the same format as the current year. Views have been generated in the current file which is proving handy. These views I now need in the history files.

According to your answer, I have no other option but to create the view again while recording a macro, and then copy the code to the history workbooks and run the macro there to recreate the view.

Hoping there was a quicker method! Anyways, at least the maco will make this quicker.
    Tx
    Regards,
    Rudi