3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

PST to Exchange E-mail disappeared (2003)

A user in one of our remote offices setup her account incorrectly, and as such, her delivery address was a Personal Folder instead of her Exchange Mailbox. Therefore, all her E-mail was transferred out of Exchange and into her PST upon download from the Exchange Server.

To rectify the problem, I moved all the E-mail from her PST Inbox, etc, to the corresponding Folder in Exchange. I then removed her Profile and set up a new one using Exchange as the Default Delivery Store.

However, when I opened the Exchange Mailbox (into which I had dragged her E-mail), it was empty????

Any ideas what Outlook/Exchange has done with her E-mail?

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, or advice.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: PST to Exchange E-mail disappeared (2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 12-Dec-05 15:25. )</P>Perhaps the Exchange Inbox is filtered to show only Unread mail?

Edit - see also the problem and solution in <!post=this thread,296754>this thread<!/post>, in case it applies.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Assuming you still have the original PST, you also could use ExMerge to populate Exchange folders from it. Not sure the results would be any different than drag-and-drop.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It sounds like her Outlook is still set up to transfer all mail a pst when it hits the Inbox. I've had this happen before, especially when the PST file is set up first. I remember being shocked as I watched someone's mail simple disapear item by item beofer my eyes. There's a setting for that, but I haven't found it again yet.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your posts.

I'm hoping they accidentally dropped into Outlook Today, as per John's post. Failing that, I'm stumped, as there was no Filter applied (this was a brand new profile), and the .pst file's Inbox is empty!

Jim, that's exactly what happened here. Setting up the new Profile sorted the problem, but neither the Exchange Mailbox nor the PST Mailbox has the Inbox E-mail any more??????

Thanks again for your replies. If we find a solution, I'll post back.