5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tab control pages (Access03)

What is the proper way to use the page click event on a tab control? I have a form that on opening two buttons are hidden. I only want the buttons displayed when someone has clicked on the Attendance tab. I used the following code.

Private Sub Attendance_Click()
    Me.cmdReports.Visible = True
    Me.cmdCerts.Visible = True
    End Sub

I put the same code in the after update event of a control on that tab and it worked properly. I think it is better if the code is on the page click event because then I could use the false version when other tabs are selected. I want to restrict the viewing the buttons to when the person is on a specific tab so that they have made the proper preselections. I have the buttons where they can be seen when on other tabs, in the form footer, because of space issues.

Thank you! Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tab control pages (Access03)

The On Click event of the individual tab pages is pretty useless. You must use the On Change event of the tab control as a whole. The active tab is represented by the Value of the tab control, starting to count at 0 (so Value = 2 means that the 3rd tab is active etc.). Say that Attendance is the 3rd tab, and that the tab control is named tabPages.

Private Sub tabPages_Change()
    Me.cmdReports.Visible = (Me.tabPages.Value = 2)
    Me.cmdCerts.Visible = (Me.tabPages.Value = 2)
    End Sub

You can also use a Select Case statement if you want to execute more code depending on the tab page that is activated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I kind of figured there was limited true in advertising in this situation. Thanks I will take your comments and work it up from here. Fay

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Got it working exactly as needed and advertised this time. Thanks. Life is so much fun when the little things work like they are suppose to. Fay