5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Repeating Report Field (A2K)

I have a report with a Header Line and a Detail Line. In the Detail Line I have one field only. I would like this field repeated across the report in order to save on tree cutting. I
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Repeating Report Field (A2K)

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "getting Page Setup to ignore the Header". Could you try to explain?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

The report in question has a header level section based on a partt number.
    Each Part Number has multiple sub part numbers which are displayed in the detail line of the report.
    In page setup under columns, you can set the number of columns to 10 as for an example and then set the column size width to 1'.
    However, when you do this, it's applied to both the section and detail portions of the report and generally messes things up.

My question was whether or not there was a way to set columns for the detail line, but not have it affect the header.

There, that brief explanation should confuse you even more.
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Group headers and footers are as wide as the detail section. The page header and footer and the report header and footer can be as wide as the whole page. If you begin each section on a new page (by setting the Force New Page property of the group header to Before Page, you can leave the group header empty (even set its Height to 0), and use the page header instead.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    You have once more found a way to skin a cat. It is a quite depleted cat by now. And to add injury to insult to the aforementioned cat, I tried another variation to solve my problem which also works.

I created a sub report mirroring the detail line where I did the multi-column thing and then inserted the sub report into the header section of the original report and after a bit of futzing around with linkages, got it to work very nicely. Thanks again for your help,
    Cheers,
    Andy