New Lounger
    Thanks

Query/Report shortcut anyone?? (Access)

I am reviewing a huge spreadsheet (350,000 rows) on access, and have been assigned to create a new report based on the name of each agent listed (there are 2800 agents to analyze and each agent has approximately 25 columns of data). For now, we have been cutting/pasting data based on agent name into new worksheets in excel --(the current project is extremely time consuming!!)

Is there an easier way to break down this data using a shortcut of any nature--or is there a query/report we can run that will seperate this data easier by any chance? I'm happy to make some clairifications on this, as I know this request may seem vague...
    Thanks much,

Lori

New Lounger
    Thanks

Page breaks in Access

I am continuing the brainstorm on how to find a solution to my large access project...the main objective to this project is to create seperate 'reports' for each agent...would inserting page breaks upon change in agent identification numbers help get to this goal? If so, how do I incorporate them, while keeping the field names at the top??

Thanks again...

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page breaks in Access

Lori,

Try to keep your ideas in one post (I'm assuming this relates to your post about keeping the headers together). I'll respond to your questions in that thread.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query/Report shortcut anyone?? (Access)

So you have a large amount a data in an Access table right? You can create a query of the data you wish to include on the reports even if it contains all of the data columns you talk about. Once you create and save a query, you can use the report wizard in Access to create a report that will seperate the data into sections of a report that will allow you to put in a page break after each agent report. Access is pretty good at walking you through this so try it. If if doesn't come out in the format you want the first time, delete the report and run through the wizard again. Hope that helps. If you need more information on a particular step, just post back in here again and someone will help you if I can't.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Query/Report shortcut anyone?? (Access)

No point in having two threads about the same subject. Please post all further replies in the thread starting at <post:=541,943>post 541,943</post:>. This one is locked to avoid confusion and duplication.