New Lounger
    Thanks

Formula for page breaks (Access)

Working on this same spreadsheet (350,000 rows of data).... Will be here for hours today/tonight working on this, so any help is appreciated!

Wondering if I can acheive these objectives in Access:
    1. An ability to insert page breaks each time a new number appears in my column titled, "Agent_ID"
    2. If so, these 'mini' reports that are now sperated with agents...can I create a header identifying at the top the "Agent_ID"??

I am a newbie to Access, so any detailed info is welcome.

Thanks (as always),
    Lori

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formula for page breaks (Access)

Lori,
    I'm assuming you're using a report to display this information - if you're not, you have to in order to accomplish what you want.

See the thread starting at <post#=243,249>post 243,249</post#> for help in assigning your page breaks. If you plan on filtering your information at all, you must base your report on a query.
    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked. What&#39;s more, you deserve to be hacked." -Richard Clarke

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

<hr>I am reviewing a huge spreadsheet (350,000 rows) on access, and have been assigned to create a new report based on the name of each agent listed (there are 2800 agents to analyze and each agent has approximately 25 columns of data). For now, we have been cutting/pasting data based on agent name into new worksheets in excel --(the current project is extremely time consuming!!)

Is there an easier way to break down this data using a shortcut of any nature--or is there a query/report we can run that will seperate this data easier by any chance? I'm happy to make some clairifications on this, as I know this request may seem vague...

I am continuing the brainstorm on how to find a solution to my large access project...the main objective to this project is to create seperate 'reports' for each agent...would inserting page breaks upon change in agent identification numbers help get to this goal? If so, how do I incorporate them, while keeping the field names at the top??<hr>

First of all, have you tried importing your excel file into Access as a table? After that, you can use the various types of queries to format your data, as well as sort, report, and count it. To import your information, go to File> Get External Data> Import. Locate your excel file, and follow the wizard.
    "If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be hacked. What&#39;s more, you deserve to be hacked." -Richard Clarke

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have all data in Access form, and have ran some report wizards to seperate into the sections I'd like to print off. (thanks!)....however, I still cannot figure out how to create a formula to page break after each individual agent report....a few questions.

When it asks, "do you want to add any grouping levels"---if I want to have many individaul reports based on Agent ID number, is this what I should be selecting? I also want the items in each report to be grouped by date as well.

Under grouping options-how do I specify to group it by number?? It only gives me the option for intervals, or normal...is this where I insert a formula? If so, which one should I use to identify I'd like all numbers that are the same to be grouped together...?

((((((thanks!)))))

p.s. Sorry Hans for the double posting, I didn't realize I had created a new post until it was too late!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you run the Report Wizard, you'll be asked to specify the fields you want to include in the report. Next, you'll be asked on which field(s), if any, you want to group the report. Specify the Agent ID field and the date.
    At the end, select the option to view the design of the report.
    Click on the Agent ID group header, and set the Force New Page property to Before Section.

Alternatively, you can design the report yourself, and specify the fields to group on in the Sorting and Grouping window. A field acts as a grouping level if Group Header and/or Group Footer is set to Yes.