Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wrong Page Printed (Word 2003 SP2)

I have a document consisting of 36 pages. If I try to print page 1 only then page 2 prints. To print page 1 only I have select print page 0 in the print dialogue. If I want to print page 15 then I have to select page 14 in the print dialogue and so on. I realise that Word is counting from page 0 and not 1 as I require. The only way I can make it count from page 1 is by going into headers/footers and changing the page count start. However I then have headers and footers on my pages which I don't want! I can of course remove the page numbers from the headers and/or footers but I'm then left with the headers/footers boxes. I'd really appreciate some help in making Word pages start counting from 1without messing about with headers/footers.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Wrong Page Printed (Word 2003 SP2)

Have you set page numbers to start from 0 instead of 1? To check this, select Insert | Page Numbers... and click the Format... button. To make page numbers start at 1, either click "Continue from previous section", or explicitly type 1 in the "Start at" box.

Thanks

I believe you can use the Format Page Number dialog from the Header/Footer toolbar without actually inserting anything. To avoid inserting a page number when using the item on the Insert menu, choose "Close" instead of "OK" to get rid of the first dialog (so first, click Format to get the second, OK in second, Close in first).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You're correct, good point!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans and Jscher
    That's fixed it! Thanks very much to you both.