New Lounger
    Thanks

Calendar text wrap (2003)

Hi,

I'm trying to get appointment subject text to wrap in the printout for weekly style.
    I've got some machines that do it, and some that don't.

The machines that do it will print the full 255 characters allowed in the subject, wrapping perfectly - 9 lines of text is the most I've seen so far for a single appointment.

The machines that don't do it will leave sufficient space after the appointment such that there would be enough room for the text, but they don't actually print it - text is truncated at the end of the first line.

Does anyone know how I can teach the machines to wrap?

Outlook 2003 - Windows XP Pro

Thanks,

Andy Wright

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calendar text wrap (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

All-day appointments behave differently than other appointments - could that be the cause?

You could try the free My Outlook Calendar available from Calendar Tools for Microsoft Outlook on the Slipstick site. It is a Word template that prints Outlook calendar in a more flexible format than Outlook itself.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Thanks for replying - I've found loads of solutions here before, but this is the first time I've posted so it's nice to get something back so fast.

It's not all-day appointments - I see the effect with normal appointments. On my machine, text wraps. I can go to another machine and create the same appointment, print it in the same way, and text doesn't wrap.

I'd like to understand what it is that makes them behave differently, and particularly why one machine has switched from wrapping to not-wrapping.

I've used your template when we had OL97 - it's great. But if the functionality is now built-in to OL2003, I'd rather do it that way.

Best wishes,

Andy Wright

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Andy,

I don't have Outlook 2003 myself. Perhaps someone who has will have a suggestion.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook doesn't always get WYSIWYG right, and there may be subtle difference in the Print drivers or hardware which cause problems.

I rarely use the print functions, since I also rely on a Palm Pilot. But FWIW you might try, from a Calendar View, changing the Font under the File | Page Setup | Define Print Styles | Weekly | Edit dialog | Format tab.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS