2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Comment shading covers highlighting (2003/SP1)

I selected a sentence and added a comment, so now the sentence is shaded.

Now I would like to highlight one word in the same sentence. I expected the highlighting would override the comment shading, but it seems to be the other way around.

Is there a way to see highlighting within commented text?

Thanks,
    Erik

Thanks

Re: Comment shading covers highlighting (2003/SP1)

In Word 2000, the text to which you attached Comments was lightly shaded, then in Word 2002, it wasnt shaded at all, and in Word 2003 it is again? <sigh>

Tracked changes (revision marks) wiil, in the default configuration, hide some formatting differences such as underlining and text color because it requires those attributes in order to signal that the text is an insertion. It sounds as though comments behave similarly by taking over the highlight attribute and hiding any differences in the underlying text in that attribute. Hmmm... With tracked changes, you have a few options for which attributes get taken over. Does Word 2003 let you specify how comments are "marked"?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Comment shading covers highlighting (2003/SP1)

As far as I can tell, Word 2003 allows some customization of comments (balloons or no, lines connecting balloons to text or no, font style in the comment text itself), but I see no way to change the shading. Anyway, it isn't that I want to remove the shading (which I find useful), but that I would like to see highlighting as well.