5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subreport matching date constrictions of main form (Access03)

How do I restrict a subreports data to the same date restrictions of the main form when there is no link fields?

On the main form it is designed in two columns at the end of the second column there is usually 2 inches left. There is a grand total in the footer and that total always goes to the top of the next page. Can I change this behavior?

Fay

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreport matching date constrictions of main form (Access03)

> How do I restrict a subreports data to the same date restrictions of the main form when there is no link fields?

You'll have to build the date restrictions into the record source of the subreport. You could create a query in code, and use that as record source, or create a temporary table.

> ... that total always goes to the top of the next page. Can I change this behavior?

Is this the report footer? The report footer covers the entire page width, it does not fit in the second column. You could create a dummy grouping level (with field/expression set to =1), and put the total in the group footer.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subreport matching date constrictions of main form (Access03)

Keep the hammer ready. It partly worked this time.

The light came on. I created a new table with SQL after I got the strWhere statement that we had previously worked on with the date constraints. Still learning to think creatively and try to step out of the box.

The second part of the response I haven't got to work yet. Yes the grand total is in the report footer. and I got it to work. Thank you. Fay