3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Clipboard/Slow closing (Access 2003/SP 1)

I've been getting the following message when closing Access and it takes a while to close. Any ideas? You copied a large amount of data to the Clipboard. Do you want to save it for other applications? (Not exact wording but very similar)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Clipboard/Slow closing (Access 2003/SP 1)

The message explains it pretty well, I think: at some point while working in Access, you have placed a relatively large amount of data on the clipboard, for example by copying some records, or by copying a database object, or by copying some controls on a form or report, etc. This takes up computer memory. When you quit Access, it asks whether you want to keep the data in memory (to be available for pasting elsewhere), or you're done with it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I understand the message, my question is: Are there any settings in Clipboard to turn that off?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Not as far as I know.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

>Are there any settings in Clipboard to turn that off?

AFAIK - once you have finished using the copied data - you can simply (try to find a way to) copy as small a set of data as possible - say the value of a small TextBox. Although this will not clear the Clipboard, it should radically reduce the amount of memory allocated (& eliminate the nag screen).

HTH
    Gre

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I believe that ought to work. I'll try it. The problem is, I am working in an old database that I started from scratch, not knowing anything about Access; no related tables and a host of other things that just makes it clumsy. I'm working on a new database but still have to use the old one 'til I get the new one up and running. We just switched to Office 2003 about 4 months ago from Office 2000. I don't remember that message in Office 2000. Thank you all for your help!