2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

custom button for histogram (2003)

I was hoping I could record a macro that would open the Data Analysis --> Histogram Menu. Well, after doing this the following code was porvided:
    <pre>Sub Histogram()
    Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", ActiveSheet.Range("$O$19:$O$60") _
    , ActiveSheet.Range("$U$7"), ActiveSheet.Range("$Q$8:$Q$14"), False, False _
    , False, False
    End Sub
    </pre>

All I want is to have something that will open the Histogram Window w/o having to go through the menus. I tried to use only... Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram"
    This gives me a Run-time error '1004': 'ATPVBAEN.XLA' could not be found. I don't want the entire block of the code above b/c my Input Range, Rin Range & Output Range change.

thanks,
    jackal

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: custom button for histogram (2003)

I don't know how to call the built-in dialog. You could create a UserForm that looks like the Histogram dialog, and use code like you recorded, but with arguments from the UserForm.

BTW, you can display the Data Analysis dialog as follows:

Application.CommandBars("Tools").Controls("Data Analysis...").Execute

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Instead of the ActiveSheet.Range(...), use ActiveSheet.Range("Input") , "Bin", and "Output", where Input, Bin, and Output are named ranges. Or, if only the bottom of $O$19:$O$60 range changes and there is a blank cell below that range, then the code below should work. Note, I'm on a machine that does not have the analysis tool-pac, so I cannot test this. In other words, if this does not work, then we need to know what ranges vary when you call this macro. HTH --Sam
    <pre> With ActiveSheet
    Application.Run "ATPVBAEN.XLA!Histogram", _
    .Range(.Range("O19"), .Range("O19").End(xlDown)), _
    .Range("$U$7"), .Range("$Q$8:$Q$14"), _
    False, False, False, False
    End With
    </pre>

<font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to both of you for the posts. Sam, the data that I am currently studying has to be resorted several times, then histogram data is gathered on 3 different columns(AVE, MIN, MAX), thus changing Input range and Output location every time. Hans' suggestion will at least speed up the process.

thanks,
    jackal

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

If you can give us some sample fake data with a histogram & indicate how you pick the input, output & bin ranges, then I'm sure that we can give you a macro that dynamically computes these ranges regardless of the input data size. I've gotten the analysis toolpack installed now. --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>